This is absolutely a perfect solution for importing and exporting EDI data for QuickBook Premier users. It's easy to implement, easy to maintain, and a breeze to run day to day. The file formats and export/import procedures are free to RMS users. The award winning Transaction Importer from BayState (approximately $200) is used for the final data verification and import (www.baystateconsulting.com)
What you need
All you need is your current RMS Solutions and the Transaction Importer.
What are the restrictions
1. UPC's must be used as the Item Name/Number in QB. If you are currently using item numbers in QB, they can be merged into a newly created UPC number using the QB Merge Two Items.
2. You will need to create a custom field in QB in the Item list section, called ITEM #. A second custom field can be created for CASE QTY.
3. All Item Name/Numbers created must be unique.
4. EDI Assortment Orders should not be imported unless the retailer is sending the correct Master UPC. Assortment Orders are those orders where the retailer will send an item number for multipule selected items.
5. If you wish to import your items from QB into RMS, the Asset Account Name for each item should be set to Inventory.
6. To import invoice information, the order must have been received and exported out of RMS.
7. Invoices from back orders can not be imported into the RMS system. If you start generating a large number of back orders, please give us a call.
8. Store and shipto address information will be updated on the Order in QB if completed in RMS. You must have both the store and ship address information complete in RMS for it to update the QB order. You can not update one and not the other.
How to setup the Import/Export
1. Backup your QuickBook data.
2. Backup the RMS data (default is c:\acct_rms)
3. Purchase the Transaction Importer from BayState (http://www.baystateconsulting.com)
4. Install the Transaction Importer on the computer that runs QuickBooks and that will be running the RMS EDI receiving and sending.
5. Download the latest RMS software from the Upgrade Download section.
6. Install the RMS upgrade software.
7. Setup the QB Cross Reference data in RMS.
It's that easy. You will now be able to import/export data out of RMS after your next EDI Receive.
If you have any questions on using the Quickbooks export/import, give us a call today.